About the Program
THE PROGRAM TO TEMPORARILY CLOSED
The Madison Adaptive Sports Program is established for those with Physical Disablities. This program is geared to give the athlete access to sports and to build a lifelong pursuit of healthy living. This program was conceptualized on May 5th, 2015 by Willard Brooks and Tami Tubell. With the Support on HTV AMBUCS, Dublin Park, and the Madison City Department of Recreation this Program was developed and started.
The program is designed for 5 year olds and up. It will start as a Fun Play Day to teach and expose the Kids to sports adapted to their needs. As the interest and skill level progress teams and leagues will be formed as needs grow.
All Staff is Volunteer.
• Willard Brooks - Lead Coach and Program Director
• Tami Forwood-Tubell, PT - Advisor and Administrator
• Dublin Park Coordinator
•- Athlete Parent Representatives
All MASP Events will be held in the Main Gym at Dublin Park, 8324 Madison Pike, Madison, AL 35758. Unless otherwise listed for that day.
We will be also using the Tennis Courts and Pool in the Future
Any physical disability welcome.
• Age from 5 years old and up.
• Parents are encouraged to assist the athlete but not required.
• Beginning Play Days are exposure to the sports.
• Leagues and skill levels will be broken out as program develops.
Opportunities for volunteers in many areas to support this program
• Coaches and Assistants
• Athlete Assistants
• Referee and Assistants
• Administration of program
and Many more.